couldn't think where to throw this Question...

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}Myth
ESC Member

come Decemeber i'm going to be getting a shiny new motherboard wo0t.
However at the moment I think one of my RAM sticks is starting to go.
If anyone's got a spare 1Gig DDR2 SD RAM stick layin around (194 Pin) or two lemme know. I'll be more than happy to cover shipping cost and possibly a few extra bucks as well. just remember bein a stay-at-home-dad means i'm a poor man most of the time lol.
I Will find you.

*NEW* Blog about and for gaming and related topics.

http://jaded-gamer-skyydragonn.blogspot.com/
{ESC}Reaper
ESC Member

sorry myth i would if i had any but i only have extra 240 pin ddr2 :(
{ESC}Bnine
Server Engineer

{ESC}Myth wrote:come Decemeber i'm going to be getting a shiny new motherboard wo0t.
However at the moment I think one of my RAM sticks is starting to go.
If anyone's got a spare 1Gig DDR2 SD RAM stick layin around (194 Pin) or two lemme know.
Your new motherboard is going to take something other than a 240 pin DIMM? Ive got some DDR2 533 speed mem, but it is 240 pin. What motherboard are you getting, maybe i can help?
{ESC}Doc Gavage
ESC Member

i haven't got aclue what any of that means

Dont mess withe the best because the best don't mess

{ESC}Bnine
Server Engineer

{ESC}Doc Gavage wrote:i haven't got aclue what any of that means
LOL doc. As motherboards progress in technology, so to has all the components that connect to it. DDR, DDR2, DDR3 are different types of memory, with different architecture. motherboards are very picky as to what type of memory can be used, not only DDR type, but speed as well. ie 533, 667, 800, etc, etc.

What it means is that if you decide you want a new motherboard, and it hs been a few years or so, chances ar that your old memory will not be supported on your new board, so you will also have to buy new memory, as well as other things like maybe a power supply, video card, ide / sata devices, and even CPU type (lga775) etc. Thats why choosing the right motherboard is so important. :)
LordGleedo

{ESC}Bnine wrote: LOL doc. As motherboards progress in technology, so to has all the components that connect to it. DDR, DDR2, DDR3 are different types of memory, with different architecture. motherboards are very picky as to what type of memory can be used, not only DDR type, but speed as well. ie 533, 667, 800, etc, etc.

What it means is that if you decide you want a new motherboard, and it hs been a few years or so, chances ar that your old memory will not be supported on your new board, so you will also have to buy new memory, as well as other things like maybe a power supply, video card, ide / sata devices, and even CPU type (lga775) etc. Thats why choosing the right motherboard is so important. :)
Oh now you've really gone and confused him - he's staring blankly at his screen now! :toetap: :)
{ESC}Headcase

myth I'm supposed to be getting an extra stick of DDR2 ram here soon from a friend, and I'm not sure the pin, but I think it might work on yours.
Only thing is, is that its half gb (512mb), but still, its yours if you want it, you'll just have to wait until I get it, which shouldn't be too long.
Also, anyone else that needs parts, my college IT class that I'm trans-op in has a complete spare parts room that I have access to,(which is why I have 563658734562 different speakers lying around.) but I could send em to ya if needed.
{ESC}Reaper
ESC Member

hell in that case i'll take a new 5.1 speaker set, a new video card, a new sound card and maybe a water block or 2 .......

when i say new i mean new new i dont want none of that 6 month old junk :P
{ESC}Bnine
Server Engineer

{ESC}Reaper wrote:hell in that case i'll take a new 5.1 speaker set, a new video card, a new sound card and maybe a water block or 2 .......

Oh my god, lol. got to hand it to you Reaper, for how much of a dick you are, you sure are funny. LOL

:10: :bravo: :10: :bravo:
{ESC}Reaper
ESC Member

{ESC}Bnine wrote:
{ESC}Reaper wrote:hell in that case i'll take a new 5.1 speaker set, a new video card, a new sound card and maybe a water block or 2 .......

Oh my god, lol. got to hand it to you Reaper, for how much of a dick you are, you sure are funny. LOL

:10: :bravo: :10: :bravo:
i thought thats normal for me *shrug* i am who i am ....