Justice for The Ghurkhas

Talk about anything you want here.
AsToRoTh

I urge all UK visitors of this site to read the following and hopefully agree to and the petition in the link at the bottom... Thanks for your time folks ;)

Gurkhas are fighting for Justice. They want the same terms and conditions as their UK and Commonwealth counterparts.

Britain has had no greater friends than the Gurkhas. They have served all across the world in the defence of our Country for nearly 200 years. Over 45,000 died in the two World Wars as part of the British Army. They are still fighting in the British Army today.

You may have seen in the media that the Gurkhas have been fighting in Parliament and the Courts. Step by step, things are getting better - but there is a long way to go.

On Tuesday 30th September, the High Court ruled their treatment had been unlawful in terms of the right to live in the UK if they retired before 1997.

Following that fantastic High Court decision, the Government has to change the law on how it treats Gurkhas. We demand the full, fundamental change in law that will allow all retired Gurkhas the right to live here.

By signing up below you will be expressing your support for all Gurkhas. You will be signing our petition, and we will be able to contact you in the future as we mount the largest ever campaign to get them the Justice that they deserve.

Join me in the campaign: together, we can finally right this wrong.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
***Someone stole my sig***
{ESC}Trippin
ESC Member

damn right i couldnt agree more wheres the f****** justice, my dad served with these guys :fyeah:
{ESC}NightWitch
ESC Member

No offense, but wtf is a Ghurkha?
LordGleedo

{ESC}NightWitch wrote:No offense, but wtf is a Ghurkha?
Someone you wouldn't want to piss off!
{ESC}NightWitch
ESC Member

O.k....
Don_Andos

now we know what a ghurkha is :toetap:
R.I.P |EHG|Ru$tY_Na!L

Run&Gunner till I die!!
{ESC}NightWitch
ESC Member

Yeah I seriously don't know what it is...that's why I asked...it wasn't to be a smart ass or anything.
{ESC}Tater-Salad
Administrator

Google it's your friend:

Gurkha, also spelled as Gorkha, are people from Nepal and parts of Northern India, who take their name from the eighth century Hindu warrior-saint Guru Gorakhnath.[1] His disciple Bappa Rawal, born Prince Kalbhoj/Prince Shailadhish, founded the house of Mewar, Rajasthan (Rajputana). Later descendants of Bappa Rawal moved further east to found the house of Gorkha, which in turn founded the Kingdom of Nepal.[2] Gorkha is one of the 75 districts of modern Nepal.

Gurkhas are best known for their history of bravery and strength in the British Army's Brigade of Gurkhas and the Indian Army's Gorkha regiments. The Gurkhas were designated by British officials as a "Martial Race". "Martial Race" was a designation created by officials of British India to describe "races" (peoples) that were thought to be naturally warlike and aggressive in battle, and to possess qualities like courage, loyalty, self sufficiency, physical strength, resilience, orderliness, the ability to work hard for long periods of time, fighting tenacity and military strategy. The British recruited heavily from these Martial Races for service in the colonial army.[3]
{ESC}Doc Gavage
ESC Member

Our local pub is run by Nepalese and they are a lovely bunch of people and are constantly campaigning trying to secure rights for the Gurkas.
I can not believe we let every other sponging,bomb planting race into our country and pay them all to stay here at our expense when we have not got the decency to look after our comrades that fought along side us in WW2.

enough said

Doc
:grandpa: :nothing: :nothing: :nothing:

Dont mess withe the best because the best don't mess

LordGleedo

{ESC}Doc Gavage wrote:Our local pub is run by Nepalese and they are a lovely bunch of people and are constantly campaigning trying to secure rights for the Gurkas.
I can not believe we let every other sponging,bomb planting race into our country and pay them all to stay here at our expense when we have not got the decency to look after our comrades that fought along side us in WW2.

enough said

Doc
:grandpa: :nothing: :nothing: :nothing:
Doc for Prime Minister :10: