Hacked again

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}Corrupt

I got the virus on my system but the site asked about downloading files. So I was able to stop the file download part but not able to stop the rogue antivirus screen from popping up. Since I had used firefox I was still able to surf using IE. I then went into the firefox profile folder and deleted the profile and reset firefox and it worked again. Just lost all my favorites and last viewed pages.
I believe what happens is the site changes your proxy settings, and then makes it hard to get to your proxy settings with all the pop ups on the screen.

I looked it up and here is a way of removing this virus. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/8693/how ... s-malware/

For those that have had to reinstall their OS, I would suggest printing this out, or writing down the steps needed to get rid of this, in case this happens again.
{ESC}Chief
Ministry of Defence

Getting AVG now.

Thanks for your work Thumper.
Admin

thanks Thumper I dont blame you,,I did it myself,,lol
mine was the MY SECURITY SHIELD ...http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-my-security-shield.html
it looks just like the windows stuff so of course i clicked on it to get rid of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DOH!!!
the more i took out the files,,manually, what a pain in the ass that was,,the more it just screwed up my system,,it took away a way to do a system restore,,even when looking in hidden files,,it just disappeared
i couldnot use 3/4 of what was on my comp.
{ESC}Joe
ESC Member

i use google chrome, microsoft security essentials, and malwarebyte. between them it kept if off my pc, it gave me a warning and let me abort the connection....
Follow truth or stutter through a lie,
Will to push or give up and fall behind,
Live with peace or nurture your tragic life,
Bite the bullet or swallow it whole
Legolas

^^Microsoft Security Essentials free version is a really good antivirus for it being free ^^
{ESC}Master
ESC Member

î have nothing on my computer because im working self in security lol!
i am good, and thanks {ESC}Thumper
Auzzy2008
ESC Member

AVG saved me. i sometimes get false reports... but malwarebytes got rid of it. avg kinda just put it where it could do less harm
{ESC}Chris
ESC Member

oh god ive had this before its pretty annoying ill tell u now
******** ONE SHOT ONE KILL*********
{ESC}Corrupt

I'm like Master, but I'm not going into security. I have no A/V software on my computer, no firewall...except for the hardware firewall built into my router. I have purposely trojaned, virused, and just totally crashed my operating systems before just to learn more about these nasty things and how to get rid of them. Some of them I have found shortcuts on how to get rid of them and some are quite nasty such as the one this site was sending out after the script gotta hold of it.

I have even ran another system just to find out about CD key stealers and what not. If you have a system with only one program installed on it that packet sniffs. It is so much fun finding out the FTP information that some of these CD key stealers send their information too. I have removed and possibly saved a LOT of people from having their information stolen as I would go into the FTP and delete the files. And if I would delete all of the files, within 5 minutes there would be 10 more files in there. So I would delete those also. About a month later the FTP was dropped so I don't believe the file could no longer upload the information anymore. I'm sure it was updated and put back on youtube, but hopefully I saved some people some heartache for a short time.
Admin

hahaha glad I was not here for this last one,,dont want to redo my HD again!!!LOLOL