My mic

Talk about anything you want here.
izzy

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has a suggestion on my mic. I guess people are hearing alot of static. Its a newer mic, got it like 2 weeks ago. I tried doing a sound recording & it sounds good. Also, I talk on skype daily to Iraq & alls good there too. Would trying another new mic help?
{ESC}Master
ESC Member

izzy i wish i can help you, but i am mostly time on zombie server, so i dont knows about your mic, i hope someone can help ya whos always on FT :coffee_spray:
Admin

yea it sounded really bad tonight, but sometimes it sounds fine,,this game has been trying on some mics,,just give it another try!
siam331

I know ur pain... my mic sounds like im whispering -_- even when im yelling. Any1 have a good mic for sale ill pay for shipping + money on paypal
izzy

I did come on a little later & all said it sounded fine, so not sure why it did earlier. Maybe when it flakes Ill try wiggling it or something. TY all!!
{ESC}Tool4Hire
ESC Member

I would suggest going to a USB headset w/ mic because of the better through-put you get vs. the traditional separate line-in/mic in jacks also I have found that sound is more distinctive using USB... I use Plantronics, Gamecon Pro1 and they are sensational, I can hear just about every kind of "effect" while in game there is to hear- i paid about $70 dollars for these a couple of years ago so they are bound to be less expensive today. My second choice would be any of the USB headsets from Logitech. I have a pair of these as well which I use when answering/talking per my IP Phone.
[DoW]Hellraiser

I 2nd Tool's suggestion. I recently went from a pair of Logitech Line In headphones, to a pair of eDimensional Audio FX Pro 5.1 USB headphones, and I don't think I'll be going back. So far I have no complaints with this set, and they're extremely comfy :-)
izzy

Thank you for the advise, I will look in to it.