Songs of your CULTURE!!!!!

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}K.V
ESC Member

This topic is for songs that if song everyone in your community/town/county/country will stop and have a bit of craic! I'll you all this there's nothing like an irish pub erupting when 1 of these songs start going. I'm not talking national anthems but more of something with history to it and a story.
I Tell Me Ma
[youtube]GV5eksyrHQY&feature=grec_index[/youtube]
Fields of Athenry posting 2 here (1 traditional, one not so much) Low lie the fields of Athenry
where we once watched the small free birds fly (Hey baby let the free birds fly!)
Our love was on the wing (Sinn Fein)
we had dreams and songs to sing (IRA)
It's so lonely 'round the Fields of Athenry.
-That's what the audience is singing during the chorus
The Mountains of Mourne
This song is about my home town where my family is from!...Unfortunately this is the best version i can get and the version i like is song by a whiny wee git, who i'm not fond of... lol
[youtube]0CZwgIius0M&p=AFD47B437269DF91&playnext=1&index=17[/youtube]
Whiskey in the Jar
I prefer the second one by METALLICA but unfortunately I perform the traditional 1 better. Have you ever have a ... RIDE IN A TRACTOR!
{ESC}Master
ESC Member

kv, The Mountains of Mourne, is very nice song an to music to, i like it, thaks for sharing buddy!
:hugs:
{ESC}K.V
ESC Member

lol ty half the people in the town don't know it lol. its a true shame because its part of our culture when Percy French visited back in 1904(ish) He saw these mountains and just fell in love. This was back before The Slieve Donard Resort and Spa, was owned by the Train Station. a wee bit of history for you! lol
{ESC}X
ESC Member

ImageImageImageImage
No apologies K.V but our national anthem is our history and just a part of our story. Just as Jimi made history at Woodstock. ImageImageImageImage
{ESC}K.V
ESC Member

not a problem, matey i didnt mean to offend anyone by excluding national anthems, I was looking for music that was more unheard of and rarer, such like irish rover, margaret barry broke my heart, songs you think people from abroad will never hear about. I know loads of wee irish songs, so many it will drown the thread in irish songs! lol