upaint?

Talk about anything you want here.
Mario

i heard that upaint is a really good program for creating skins.
but can someone give me a link to where i can download it!!! i googled it and there arent any downloads

can someone please help me
{ESC}Bnine
Server Engineer

If you have UT2003, it is included.
To install UPaint insert UT2003 CD 3, go to the extras → UPaint and click setup.exe. It will then copy the UPaint program and the meshes, textures and characters from the CD to your PC, by default to the Program FilesRight HemisphereUPaint folder.

I havent checked if it is included in UT2004, or GOTY, I can check when i get home
AsToRoTh

Well......

First, Upaint is included with UT2004.. at least it is on the UT2004 single DVD version I got (its more like the CD version but on a DVD??? Directories all say Disc1, Disc2 etc... Upaint is on Disc 6 IIRC). It also comes with .png files for the stock skins so you can edit them without having to export the texture with Ued.

However.. and heres the rub... Upaint is garbage for actual skinning IMO. I basically tend to use it to check the skin on stock models and to export the utx and upl files into 2k4. My personal preference is photoshop but you can use any decent image editor that will open .png or DDS files if you export textures straight from Ued.

I did a half assed tutorial on how to edit skins which should help you get started....

http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... um=theworm
***Someone stole my sig***
Mario

i cant find my upaint
AsToRoTh

K which version of 2k4 do you have? Mine (as I stated above) did not come with any "Extras" disc but when you explore the single DVD that I got theres a disc that contains an "Extras" folder... IIRC (without putting the disc in) its in either the Disc5 or Disc6 folder... it may be named after the publishers... In which case have a look for Right Hemisphere. Thats the Dir it installs under in the Start Menu too. If worst comes to worst let me know and Ill upload the files somewhere... cant see it being classed as Warez considering it comes free with the game and is also no longer supported by Right Hemisphere (doesnt even show up on their site anymore). Only downside is I wont be uploading the skins folder.... it would take me all night LoL.
Mario

i have unreal tournament 2004 editors choice with mega bonus pack and i only have 1 disc
Mario

can u send me a program that i can use cause i dont have photo shop
Admin

u can get a 30 day demo and there is paint.net and gimp are free
{ESC}BrassMonkey
ESC Member

AsToRoTh

Yeah as posted above.. if you are looking for a freebie and dont like warez you cant get better than Gimp... I used it for a couple of weeks when I was running linux and IMO its every bit as good as photoshop for skinning and logos etc... not sure about advanced image editing but I should imagine it would be... its well supported and loved by the open source community.

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/