Cod4 in game chat

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}Bunny
Server Admin

Hey folks. Lately the in-game chat has been weird for me and it seems alot of others as well. People are either at regular to high volume or none to little volume. The range is drastic. I know nothing has changed and it's just a coincidence that many seem to be having some issues with it. But I wanted you all to know that if I don't respond, it's only because I didn't hear you....unless I don't like you. :mrgreen:
Admin

yes iv noticed it too
{ESC}Double_Tap
ESC Member

I was thinking Bunny didn't like me any more. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
{ESC}Bunny
Server Admin

{ESC}Double_Tap wrote:I was thinking Bunny didn't like me any more. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

The problem with that is nobody could even if they tried....Tapkins.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
{ESC}Timothy Mcgee
ESC Member

what bunny said is truw the first minut he tels me my volume is to hard so i got to py softwaire and ajust mic then i come back and al of the sudden he cant hear me any more >.< so no i put my mic var away from me hoping its helping but yea dont know how this can be :S
Admin

lane adjusted his last nite,,maybe he can tell us how he did it
{ESC}Pappy
ESC Member

Last night when Bunny was making mincemeat of MANY of us in a tunnel from atop the stairs - I said several times in game where he was and to shoot high when you enter the tunnel. The stairs were higher than the door opening where everyone was coming in. There were at least two comments made from the 5 of us in there - words similar to "why didn't someone tell me"........I know my in-game chat is working (although I don't know how the volume is - which is why I sometimes ask) - but I'm also thinking that some folks play with only TS and NOT in game chat activated. I prefer not to use TS when talking about an opponent. It could also be that there is so much in-game chatter with upwards of 25-30+ players - it's hard to determine who's talking to whom - and if you add TS to the mix........you die! Ok - I do!~
But I still love ya Bunny........my idol!
:)
:grandpa:
Admin

yes today some ppl could hear me and others could not,,i think its just how you have it set up,,i can hear some and not others very well
{ESC}UDClown

{ESC}Thumper wrote:Wow I thought it was just me .... I keep trying to figure out how to lower the ingame chat volume ( I guess i should google it :) )... :banghead:

thanks for posting this issue Bunny

found these sound setting ... will try adjusting and see what happens .... i hope there is no Ban on these

snd_deactivateEq
snd_setEqType
snd_setEqQ
snd_setEqGain
snd_setEqFreq
snd_setEq
snd_playLocal
snd_deactivateEnvironmentEffects
snd_setEnvironmentEffects
Let us know how it goes, Im quite eager to fix this problem myself!