CoD4 FT - Can't download our mod

Talk about anything you want here.
MikZzona
ESC Member

I am talking in the behalf of {F4H}ZCowboy001 here, who seems to have some trouble getting our mod to work on his computer. He tried the server several times, and download gets stuck on this file : ftp://204.62.13.235/mods/g13ftags/z_g13.iwd . He tried a direct link to the redirect, he downloaded the mod from our TS, but apparently still nothing. Even though, from what I understood, he has the mod on his computer and in the right folder, it keeps trying to download and he still gets stuck.

He tried after restoring his game to his oldest backup, with a new profile he created, deleted cookies of course, etc etc... Nothing seems to do the trick. Does anyone have any idea what that could be coming from ?
{ESG}*Goku*

This is reminding me some problem I had when I started playing on Windows Seven.
What OS is he running ? Has he a full administrator or classic account ?
{N2N}Shadow

If they have their mod folder named the same as yours, he'd be forced to re download the Iwd file everytime he connects. The game will automatically create the folder if it doesn't exist or replace any files that are different. If he losing connection it's not because of the game. It's either the redirect sever or his own connection.
zcowboy001

Howdy all. Thank you for your quick responses.

One correction to Mikes post.... I did not download your iwd file from xfire, I downloaded it from your websites download area (BHF site).

To clarify the situation, I have the server saved in my favorites area. When I click on it to join, the black download screen comes on, indicating the file that it is attempting to downlad, then nothing else happens. The transfer was initiate because I can see the mod folder and the temp file were created on my drive, however, the temp file remains @ 0 byte and nothing is being transferred into it. While this is going on, the game is not frozen technically, it just looks like the file is not coming down the pike.

I am running Windows XP and I have admin rights on the signon. I don't think the version is an issue since COD4 was out years ago and was XP compatible.

The thing that boggles my mind is that this is the only server I have this issue with. I can access other mod servers with no problems.

Again, thanks for your thoughts and I'll continue to look for the solution also.

Regards,

ZCowboy001
{F4H}Femme

I hope that cowboy can get this problem fixed as we would really like him to play with us on saturday for our rumble with you guys
and just fyi our game folder name is not the same as anyone elses
{ESC}Lager
Administrator

Hi Zcowboy

The only thing I can think of is that it might be a firewall issue. Our servers use a FTP redirect and as such the downloads should come from a different port then most other servers use.

This is a link to our old web based redirect, perhaps you can manually dl it from there before the match: http://link deleted.......................

I'm sorry for the trouble your having, hope this helps.
TIGER

ah i have the same prob right now tryed my other pc it runs xp same thing ip come up to download then stops
zcowboy001

Howdy Lager, Mike, Tiger, Femme...

Problem solved!!!!

It was Lager's suggestion..... FIREWALL!!!! I shut off the McAffee firewall and voila!

I am in!!!!

Tiger, try turning off your firewall then start the game..... just remember to turn it back on after the download is done!!

Thank you everyone for your help.... didn't even occur to me about the firewall......

ZCowboy001
{ESC}Lager
Administrator

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for posting the solution, I'm sure it will help others in the future. :hugs: