Windows 8 :) no PB problem.. IW3MP problem

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}UDClown

kinda sounds like a program in the background grabbing your mouse constantly. have you ever done something else and it do that also?
=|Vampie|NL|=

nope... i do suspect that too.. i got an error of PB at first when it was set on "no"punkbuster in setttings.

console doesn't give any clues, my config is the same one i use on Win7, and this is the only program/game that has it
{ESC}Ocho
ESC Member

Before i installed win8 i was very hesitant about how cod4 would run on it. I read the forums and no oficial solution has come from evenbalance. Although, there are many people that claimed to have solved the problem on their particular systems.......well im running my comp on dual mode win7 and win8, till those problems are resolved. I will not install cod4 on win8 unless one of these days im up to the challenge. I have to run win8 cause i build computers as a side job so i have to know how it runs to do my builds and explain it to my custumers.

One of the solutions that people claim that works is that if you installed win8 on top of win7 then have to completely uninstall and delete pb with folders and all then reboot and reinstall pb(not from your disk but from the website). If you are intalling cod4 for the first time on win8 do not install pb with the game. instead download pb from evenbalance and then install running your comp as an admin and run the pb program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service pack 3)

Disclaimer: If your computer catches on fire or something of the sort "Do not blame Ocho" LOL do it on your on risk :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
{ESC}zeno
ESC Member

OCHO!!! IT WORKS NOW.
WARNING: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING AND BLINKING MANUALLY
{ESC}Ocho
ESC Member

{ESC}zeno wrote:OCHO!!! IT WORKS NOW.
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
{ESC}UDClown

{ESC}zeno wrote:OCHO!!! IT WORKS NOW.
I blame ocho
{ESC}ErgoProxy
ESC Member

I tried helping Hvy out one day on trying to get COD 4 to work on WIN 8 but it was a no go, since PB isn't fully compatible with WIN 8 I had him install PB in compatible with XP SP3 and for a minute thought it fixed it but Hvy was still getting kicked after about 10 minutes and sometimes even quicker, Now on the mouse cursor problem I had the same problem when I first installed BO2 and was fixed with a fresh install of windows after my PSU fried my mobo and 1 of the 2 6870's I had so doing a fresh install of windows 7 was a must so that I wouldn't get conflicts with games thinking I was still running 2 6870's in xfire but, once I did that install the problem went away, but now every time I start the game it freezes for about 5 seconds. Different problem in general but this just goes to show that Activision and PB needs to get there shit together because everyone else and my self are tired of getting stupid unfixable issues with them.
I'am Ergo Proxy and I'am the agent of death
{ESC}zeno
ESC Member

seems to be broke again :(
WARNING: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING AND BLINKING MANUALLY
{F4H}Femme

hey guys i dont use windows 8 but we have a couple players in our clan that have windows 8 and I believe what one said is you have to remove all pb files and then re download them to windows 8 if you need further confimation from the horses mouth just post on our forums :)
=|Vampie|NL|=

GAVE IT A NEW TRY

i heard some where running it on win8 now...

So why wouldn't I??

New install , as admin. NOT INSTALLED PB during Cod install.

after install manually update Punkbuster AS ADMIN

works fine till now... not in any compatibility modus

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: