Headsets

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}Brimstone
ESC Member

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826153112

these are what I use ... you can hear Rose fart from 250 yards :-)
Brim Out !!!!

"I’ve got nothing to fear, because the battles already been won" - Matisyahu
{ESC}EAGLE1

Some of the ones I was looking at were:

cooler master sirus true 5.1 surround
logitech g35
Plantronics Gamecom 780
Corsair Vengence 1500 v2

Or maybe getting a 7.1 soundcard and maybe a decent set of Sennheiser headphones and let the sound card do the work.

Decisions, decisions :?

Zeno... which brand of headset are you using that is true 5.1?
{ESC}Ocho
ESC Member

Hey Eagle1 I hope you find the right headset for gaming. For a long time i didn't know how important sound was for gaming. For many years I wasted money buying cheap 20 to 35 dollar headsets at "wally world" that at the time I thought worked great. The problem I had was that i yanked the cord, stepped on it while I moved around, or simply just forgot that i had them on and got up to answer the door :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Until one day an old gamer friend told me to pay a little more and buy a good set with 7.1 surround or at least 5.1. The difference was like night and day. Have you heard people saying "how did he know I was here?", well I am almost sure that "they" have a good set of headphones and heard you moving around. Even with dead silence you can hear people if they are pretty close. Many times I can hear people coming to me and makes it easier for me to wait for them (although I prefer to go around a building and knife them in the back :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:). A lot of people know this already, but you would be surprised of how many people don't. You may also would want a set that has a long and yank resistant cord, preferably braided or a wireless if you have the extra "dinero". and something that adapts comfortably to your "cabeza". :) Anyways here's what I've used for the last few years that has worked wonders for me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826816029

This set works great and its pretty sturdy, feels very comfortable, has a cord that is almost 10 feet long ( 9.8 feet or 3 meters ). They also have a wireless version but it is twice the price although if you look around you could find them cheaper elsewhere. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
{ESC}zeno
ESC Member

{ESC}EAGLE1 wrote: Zeno... which brand of headset are you using that is true 5.1?
i have the original version of this: http://www.amazon.com/SPEEDLINK-SL-8793 ... B004WLCPBU
i bought them years ago and they still work except for the sub woofer part (which was just a thing that vibrated) and they are better without it.
WARNING: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING AND BLINKING MANUALLY
{ESC}EAGLE1

Ocho, are you using a dedicated sound card with those or just your on board sound? That is one of the sets I was looking at. Zeno, the cooler master sirus headsets look similar to what you use.They also have the 4 separate drivers per ear.
{ESC}Amoniac
ESC Member

eagle sir i use one genius very bad ones, and i dunno but for me are good enough to knoive 2 times ocho
By Yomama
" it means you have touched someone enough to be in there thoughts even when you arnt around"
sniperchic quote 21/01/2012
-=TWG=-Numbskull

I have used great cheap ones, and great expensive ones,,,how you treat them is the most important thing!!!
Better advice for some guy looking for a girlfriend then a head set! :roll:
2015 Season 2 NASCAR iRacing Tour Modified Series Division 4 Race Championship, 2nd Place
2016 Season 1 NASCAR iRacing Tour Modified Series Division 9 Race Championship, 1st Place
2016 Season 2 NASCAR iRacing Tour Modified Series Division 3 Race Championship, 1st Place
{ESC}Ocho
ESC Member

{ESC}EAGLE1 wrote:Ocho, are you using a dedicated sound card with those or just your on board sound? That is one of the sets I was looking at. Zeno, the cooler master sirus headsets look similar to what you use.They also have the 4 separate drivers per ear.
I use the integrated sound card. It could be better with a sound card but i bought a case of beer and spent my sound card money on it. lol :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
{ESC}EAGLE1

:lol: :cheers:
BENSTER

I'm not much help as I can't recall the model number - but I have a set of Platronics that I got on Sale for $90 at BestBuy. They came with a USB adapter for "5.1 dobly" butI think it was causing me some issues, so I just plug in to the stereo jack on the computer.

• They go around my ears - not 'on' my ears. this is much more comfortable with out pressure on the ears.
    They allow me to hear very well footsteps, even someone with "sneaky feet" (a.k.a. silent running).
    They are cloth (not vinyl or leather) - which means I don't fell all sweaty. Some people dislike cloth because it's not easy to clean.
Dislikes:
  • It does not block out background noise. Unfortunately I can hear my wife and kids talking. sometimes it actually hurts my ears like it's channeling the noise in. Previously I used Altec Lansing headphones, and I couldn't hear anyone in the same room with me.
I have had my set for over 2 years, and the frame finally broke. I have to admit I stretch them out a bit with my big head, and then over the years spreading them out to put on/off took it's toll. My son has a set that are almost 2 years old, and for some strange reason his cord has taken to twisting up. I've tried every trick I can think of including taping on loom, but eventually the wires just twist up into a mess. Mine never once twisted. Could be operator error.

#1 thing you need is to "hear" all ambient sounds in game. If you can't hear footsteps, you are at a major disadvantage. My buddy accused me to cheating because I would turn around and shoot him every time he tried to sneak up and knife me. it was 8 months before he got a nice set of Turtle Beach and realized what he had been missing for years.