thawing theory

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}Pappy
ESC Member

Since multiple players can thaw the same person how would the stats determine that?  If you got the full thaw you would get a stat of course. But I guess if football can come up with a 1/2 sack for a player, maybe HAL can come up with a 2/3 thaw.....maybe based on points earned since there are 15 points available per thaw. I might get 6, Res might get the other 9........food for thought.
Angelfury

That explains why im not as bad as i thought seeing as how i Couldnt shoot an elpehant's behind lol unless widows playing i shoot him tons of times
{ESC}Pappy
ESC Member

Did she just call Widow an elephant's behind?
Resolute

you get a thaw every 12 points you earn.  so even if you only got 3 points on a partial thaw, if you get 9 doing the majority of a thaw the next time, it gives you one thaw since you have a total of 12 thaw points now.   so basically your number of thaws equals ThawPoints/12.  It's a great system, because most other mods just allow one person to thaw and the scoring isn't as accurate as this one.

p.s. even if widow isn't an elephants ass, im betting he's is still wrinkly and gray.

I helped thaw atleast 5 or 6 people and didnt get credit for 1 thaw, was still sitting on zero so Im not sure how accurate the 12 point theory is
killinstar
ESC Member

I've also notice when you shot someone but they don't die and when someone else kills them you get a few points,I've seen it pop up on my screen +3 points and it always been after i hit someone but they didnt die,i guess it weird how the point thing works,but i love that everyone thaws,so you don't hear someone took my thaw lol,i was always good about it,i always try to thaw that where i get most of my points lmao
Resolute

killin you're the best there is, if not a dead heat with baddger.  the +10 is this mod's version of a kill assist.  if you clip someone and then they die later, thats your assist points.  they are using assists to count thaws, so im guessing thats how the mod compensates you for an actual kill assist.

silence - it may be 15, but that's how it works.  you can "help" on all sorts of thaws and not get points, particularly if the thaw time is short enough not to generate points.  if the player is almost thawed or enough people are thawing the same person, you may not get any points simply because you are not thawing long enough.  if you see the +3 pop up, you are getting polnts, otherwise you are not.  i have thawed plenty of times with no points myself, but it is accurate and it is a cumulative counter.  and it tracks partials.  so if you got 1.5 and then you thaw .5 more, you get 2 thaws.
{ESC}Sadiztik

I play mainly just to give other people thaw points.  I am really good at dying.

It is true though, I do wish more people would go out of their way to thaw.  No fun to die early in a map and sit there the entire match frozen.  It is a team game, the more players you have playing rather then frozen generally ends up with a win.
{ESC}BamBam

Thawing is half the fun.... if I see it on the mini map, Ill go thaw.... but spend most of my match looking through a scope..