anyone know how to remove wasp nest

Talk about anything you want here.
Angelfury

I have a wasp nest right by my front door and any suggestions on how to remove it without becomeing a wasp entre would be appreciated. The exterminatore want 150.00 to do it I figure theres gotta be a cheaper way like in do it yourself free.
Anyone have suggestions would be appreciated.
{ESC}UDClown

take some tongs and some oven mitts to remove it at night... then throw some firecrackers at it.
HudsoN

you could try and smoke then out. it normally works. or get some fuel and tip the fuel over the nest. you can also use boiling kettle water depending on the size of the nest. good luck :)
{ESC}Pappy
ESC Member

Before you do any of the above, I'd work on RUNNING a bit - so when it comes time to RUN LIKE HELL, you'll.............ah never mind that. You'll just know when it's time!!
You could try smoking them out, but I heard them little critters are hard to roll in the paper when you piss them off!
I suggest getting another estimate on professional removal. If they truly are wasps, you don't want to mess with them. Have it done professionally...........safer and they'll (hopefully) be gone forever.
Good luck..........if you insist on doing it yourself, have plenty of tweezers to remove the stingers, and some antidote available.

:grandpa:
*Mama*
Administrator

I did it with a power washer once... kinda took my life into my own hands there. I also set one on fire... they were dive bombing the nest trying to save it. This thread makes me realize that I did some really stupid crap in my life...
{ESC}zeno
ESC Member

if you can see the nest then just wait till night and spray wasp spray on it.
WARNING: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING AND BLINKING MANUALLY
{ESC}Tater-Salad
Administrator

{ESC}zeno wrote:if you can see the nest then just wait till night and spray wasp spray on it.

:iagree:
-=TWG=-Numbskull

#1 Spray wasp spray on it, at night or when it's dark out side, one or the other will do.

#2 if you don't want to hurt them, light up a cigar and smoke them out to put them asleep, dab a little Clorox on a rag or paint bush and lightly get some on their nest, in the morning they will abandon their nest and move on.

#3 flame thrower the mother f'ers, leave not one behind.

#4 if you going to use #3 dial 91 first, this way you will be ready to just hit 1 if all hell breaks loose!
2015 Season 2 NASCAR iRacing Tour Modified Series Division 4 Race Championship, 2nd Place
2016 Season 1 NASCAR iRacing Tour Modified Series Division 9 Race Championship, 1st Place
2016 Season 2 NASCAR iRacing Tour Modified Series Division 3 Race Championship, 1st Place
{ESC}Ocho
ESC Member

just a water hose with a nozzle should do it, just make sure that the stream has enough pressure so you dont have to get that close to the nest. or a pressure washer if you can get a hold of one
iFlysoHi

Ive heard this works 100% of the time