What kind of setup/rig do YOU run?

Talk about anything you want here.
FRANKdaBUNNY

sup pugzy...ur right its a dual not a quad (my bad)
if ur gonna do amd should have got the 5000 black edition instead because its got an unlocked multiplier (easy overclocking)

and, sorry dude, but my coolmaster gemini2 cpu cooler is alot bigger
muhahahahaha :takethat: :takethat: :takethat:
[RGS]Pugzilla

[PSI]FRANKtheBUNNY wrote:sup pugzy...ur right its a dual not a quad (my bad)
if ur gonna do amd should have got the 5000 black edition instead because its got an unlocked multiplier (easy overclocking)

and, sorry dude, but my coolmaster gemini2 cpu cooler is alot bigger
muhahahahaha :takethat: :takethat: :takethat:
Umm... franky... all the black editions (5000+ and 6400+) have the multipliers unlocked... that's why they're called the black editions. So, I win :D :takethat: !

Also, when you have an AMD that has a 90nm core (AMDs run hot to begin with, but 90nm, deezam) and your cooling setup (Case and Heatsink) keeps it at below 40C under full load (I ran UT3, UT2k4, UT99, Unreal, Unreal 2, C&C 3, C&C Red Alert 2, Firefox, TS, TS Overlay, Yahoo Messenger, WITH Anti-Virus SCANNING), it doesn't matter what kind of case/cooling you have franky, lol, cause mine is wonderful!

Me -> :friends: <- Franky
FRANKdaBUNNY

i was gonna get a 6400 but i was told the multiplier was locked on it...oh well

don't know what my temps gonna be cause i've had 2 straight d.o.a. motherboards lol

im not too worried though, i got 6 80mm case fans and 2 120mm fans on my cpu cooler.....can u say small tornado
[RGS]Pugzilla

Lol, we each have our own amazing machines.

There are 2 versions of both he 5000+ and the 6400+, the regular and the black editions... black editions have multipliers unlocked.

I couldn't believe when I opened all of those things up that the temp didn't even touch 40C! And those cores didn't budge from 100% at any time. Can you say room for OC'ing? (Once I learn how to properly, lol) I won't do it much, 3.2GHz Dual-Core is fast enough, but I'd like to experiment a little and learn. Maybe turn it into a 3.5GHz or something.

Same with the RAM, 4GB of DDR2 800MHz PC6400 is more than plenty and is fast enough, but it's all about learning and what not. Perhaps the frankster would like to hop on RGS TS with me some time and talk. What do you say bud?
{ESC}BrassMonkey
ESC Member

Amd 64x2, 4200 2.2
2 western digital raptor hard drives 74gig and 34 gig 10k rpm
2 8600gts SLI 512mb DDR3 each
3gigs ddr 400mhts ram
7.1 pc sound card Turtle beach montego
[RGS]Pugzilla

I'm liking the Raptors Brass, just a little low on HDD space, probably only 100GB max usable, I'd never make it on that. Good GPU setup as well. DDR 400MHz RAM, well, you have 3 gigs of it, otherwise not too sure on it. If it works and is fine for you though, that's all that matters.
FRANKdaBUNNY

well my build is finally finished and with pcmark06 in getting a score of a lil over 13000 oc'ing ram, cpu, and vc