It's me again

Talk about anything you want here.
izzy

Hi all, I am thinking I might have to reload my whole game & the patches. I tried last night playing without my mic & the game still crashed. If I do reload, I assume I have to start from scratch?? I cant save my profile can I? Thanks for any input :)
Admin

yes you can save your profile
{ESC}Bear
Server Admin

Just go to C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare or wherever you installed Call of Duty and save the folder titled "players".
{ESC}Lager
Administrator

Hi Izzy

Some players report that they have to have a mic plugged in for their game to work.
Even if your mic is broken you might want to plug it in anyway to see if it helps.

If you want to backup your player profiles, save this folder so you can use it after your new install is done:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles

You also might want to save your usermaps folder so you don't have to download all those maps again.

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\usermaps
Adapt

If you don't see the folder named players in C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare
hit that "compatibility files" button.

Keep a copy of that players folder saved away so you have it. Some people have had there player files corrupted when putting them back and lost it all. I being 1
ImageImage
Admin

yes sorry it was to early for me to explain it,,hahahaha
izzy

Thanks for the input. I think I will have to try it next day off I have.
Ghost

For some reason windows 7 put my players folder here:

C:\Users\'PC NAME'\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

Don't know if you need that info Izzy, but just in case.

Also, I found that my Cod4 crashing was actually because of my profile, not my game. So if I were you I'd try running my game on a new 'clean' profile first to see if that might be the problem as it only takes a minute or two. If it's your profile that's corrupted you would need to start from scratch, but you wouldn't need to reinstall. If it crashes anyway then reinstalling it is... Oh, and you only need patch 1.6 and 1.7.

:wink: