{ESC} 3v3 Tourney - 2nd Edition

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}Tater-Salad
Administrator

OMG good one Clown!!
{ESC}Lager
Administrator

Wow !!!!! I wish people would line up for me like that.

:cheers:
MikZzona
ESC Member

All right !

The last matches have been played yesterday, and we have our winners.

Let’s hear it for the Ice Queens : {ESC}Buzz, FullProof, {ESC}DirtyBean !!

And congratulations to Amaranth and The Evil Dead, who ranked respectively 2nd and 3rd !

Prize for the winners - a 20 slot CoD4 server under their control and administration for a month - for the moment ;)

I want to thank all players that participated for the great fair-play that has been shown throughout the tournament. The special format of this tournament -the planning depending exclusively on everybody’s availabilities- made it quite difficult, still most of you made most welcomed efforts and accepted some flexibility to make it happen. I don’t know if we could have made it without everybody’s involvement, so again thank you!
Special -and HUGE- thanks to {ESC}Betty_Boop, {ESC}Pappy and {ESC}BlackRose for sacrificing their time to help me as referees, you guys saved my life there! ;)

We had an incredible and most unforeseen turnout in this tournament -17 teams, 52 players-, I cannot salute everybody separately but I just want to send again my regards to the other clans that got interested and participated to the tournament, making it more of a Community event than I dreamt it would be. So to the guys from N2N, 8th Div, ADIGA, FAC, DeD, BHF, TWG, formerly G13 -- we’ll see you very soon!

“What about next year”, do I hear? Well. This second edition was a success, and of course we would be honored to host a third edition next year around the same time of the year. However, that format -times depending on availabilities + worldwide participation- does require an enormous amount of time to get rolling. I do not think I will have that kind of time next year, so here is the plan for the moment… Instead of having 1 big tournament around November, we would have 2 tournaments, one in April, one in October. One would be host at American times, one would be host at European times, so making the planning wouldn’t be so time-consuming. The problem being it would separate US and Euro players, when the main objective of this tournament was on the contrary to work around the time differences and gather everybody in the first place...

The other alternative we are thinking of, is to have one big tournament in October, where 2 main groups would be fighting in the first place : one with American teams, one with European teams, and the winner of each group (or the 2 first teams) would go to the finals (or semi-finals) and play against teams from the other side of the Pacific pond. Come to think of it, I like this alternative better than the first one. And what the hell, we could even have 2 of those in the year…

Another option we are considering for those upcoming tournaments, is to have random teams. All players interested would put their name in the hat, and we let fate form the teams.

Anyway, this will be under discussion for the next months and be sure you’ll hear from us when the time comes.

See you all soon

Mik
=|Vampie|NL|=

{ESC}UDClown wrote:Hornedfrog defrosted me and then goes down. I spawn in and thaw Hawk, he goes and gets himself in trouble where I can't get him. I'm confused as hell as to what to do because I am the last one left with no easy thaws. I figured the best chance I would have is to go for the unthinkable- Hornefrog (whose in the back of their spawn). And then this happens...

http://beta.xfire.com/video/5c9550
whoohoo, nicely done!

Must say, they lined up pretty good for you.. all three together would not be my style when playing 3vs3 because , well this could happen lol

Congratulations to BUZZ, Fullproof and dirtybean :) wel done lads!
Legolas

Awesome tournament lots of fun and lots of tense moments :D ....Thanks MikZzona for taking your time to organize this massive event and thanks to all the refs and ESC as a whole for providing the servers

cant wait until next year :fyeah: :fyeah:
{ESC}DirtyBean
ESC Member

Was a blast for sure was a couple times i was on the edge of my seat with my heart beating out of my chest. Had a blast. :cheers:
{ESC}DirtyBean
ESC Member

http://beta.xfire.com/video/5c9550
omg Awesome. That was unreal, good job on that one. I see you have been learning from me. lol
{ESC}Tater-Salad
Administrator

Congrats to the winners and all who participated. :fyeah: A special thanks to MikZzona for his time and effort into making this a great tournament. :cheers:
Admin

hahaha clown,,did they all jump at the same time,i only see 1 guy!!lolol
{ESC}UDClown

Nah the quality is just bad enough to where you can't see the third, if you saw it the way I saw it, you would see the 3rd further back from the one in the doorway on the other side of the building running toward him. (they must have thought I was in that building)

But you've got the file, you just have to figure out how to use it.
()Create a folder called 'demos' in C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\g13ftags --(or what ever yours is)
()Put file into folder demos
()Load Cod4, load the mod g13ftags
()Open up Console and type in /demo 'name of demo'