Headsets

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}EAGLE1

I'm in the market for a new headset for gaming.My Turtle Beach ones broke at the ear piece the other day.Looking to see what everyone else uses and any suggestions.Are there ones you've tried and don't recommend? Thanks

Eagle1
{ESC}zeno
ESC Member

i use a 5.1 analog headset plugged into my sound card. not simulated surround.
WARNING: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING AND BLINKING MANUALLY
Admin

beats are great, but expensive, and no mic,,lolol

I have used great cheap ones, and great expensive ones,,,how you treat them is the most important thing!!! :hugs:
Davethecat1
ESC Member

Both Yomama and I use Turtle Beach PX3, wireless, great sound quality and last for upto 10 hours before recharging.
Although not the strongest when our pitbull gets hold of them!
HudsoN

im using GX 7.1 gaming headset direct into 7.1 sound card. wife is always telling me to turn them down as she can here every one talking....or should I say shouting when there losing :) lol.
=|Vampie|NL|=

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6826158082

I'm using this one for the last 3 years , good value for the money.

detachable mic , volume button in the middle of the cord.

I'm very happy with this one
{ESC}UDClown

I'm just using some $30 skullcandy headphones - I realize they are made for music, but found it's not too bad for gaming either. Also the longest lasting headphones I've probably ever had lol

oh and for a mic, I just buy like ten $10 logitec headsets and place one in front of me on the desk.... I've always had problems with either the headphones or the mic itself breaking - never both. I've not had to replace any of them yet
{ESC}zeno
ESC Member

let me reiterate the importance of at least 5.1 sound. ( not simulated, but actual separate speakers). you will know where people are, you will hear their location as they move (except ocho, silent bastard). its not as important for run and gunners, but for cover to cover players like me its huge. it adds another dimension to the game, its coded into all modern games so dont throw it in the garbage by using stereo.
WARNING: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING AND BLINKING MANUALLY
{ESC}ShoX
ESC Member

I'm currently using a Razer Kraken Pro which has the microphone included but is able to be rolled up into the headset so that it doesn't stick out if you want to use them as regular headphones. They are extremely comfortable and the sound quality is decent. I have them hooked up to a sound blaster card and also have razer surround sound software working with them to make them a 5.1 headset. The pair I had before these was a Plantronics one from Bestbuy. It was good but not very comfortable. Depending on your price range, the Plantronics set was about 20 bucks cheaper than the razer set being that razer tends to overprice their products.

Otherwise, Logitech is good and also Creative has a pair that has sound blaster hardware directly in the headphones.

And I do agree with Zeno about having surround sound headphones. It is amazingly helpful ingame. Take a bit to get used to but still great nonetheless. I have simulated surround sound with mine which isn't the best but it's better than not having some and is cheaper than going for the full surround sound headset.
Clays love me too much
Admin

mama s dont work hafl the time