What is the verdict on Windows 10?

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}Betty_Boop
Administrator

Hey, gamers. What are your thoughts on Windows 10, and would those of you who have made the switch offer words of wisdom to smooth the transition for those that want to switch while it's still free.

:eyebulge: :fight1:
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." Saul Bellow

Admin

im still afraid!!!hhehehee but i do know a lot of them have switched over
=|Vampie|NL|=

It switched. :)

NO problems , with i did have on win8

everything works , and it is a LOT quicker.

Im happy i have done it
{ESC}Betty_Boop
Administrator

You didn't' have to make any adjustments? You just loaded and off you went?
"A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep." Saul Bellow

*Mama*
Administrator

I did it and I really like it. I'm actually having fewer problems than I did with Win 7.. I almost feel blasphemous for saying it. But, keep in mind I installed Windows 10 on my C: drive and all of my programs and games are installed on my D: drive... so that might make a difference to those people who are having a problem.. I only had one program that I couldn't use after making the switch and that was my "Sticky Notes" program. Other than that, everything else transferred over perfectly.
{ESC}EAGLE1

The switch over should good without a hitch. I did a clean install and had issues getting cod4 to work properly.But I had hard drive issues so was forced to do a clean install instead of an upgrade. I have done my sons pc my daughters laptop and my tablet though with no issues. Seems to run pretty efficiently for an OS though.
{ESC}zeno
ESC Member

i have done dozens of win 10 upgrades, most without a hitch. seen some incompatible programs, and a few drivers issues but i would say its definitely worth the upgrade.
WARNING: YOU ARE NOW BREATHING AND BLINKING MANUALLY
=|Vampie|NL|=

{ESC}Betty_Boop wrote:You didn't' have to make any adjustments? You just loaded and off you went?
Nope, and i did an upgrade, not a clean install.

Everthing works as it should :) and faster than before.
{ESC}Timothy Mcgee
ESC Member

i did switch over to wn10 but im back to win 7 becous i hate Win 10 the interface sucks and it makes my pc run slow like helz starting up takes ages so i dont like it :3
HudsoN

im gonna stick with win 7 until they find a fix for maya 16. until then they can shove it where the sun don't shine..... :yahoo: :lol: .
I have win 10 install on my laptop and had no issue's apart from my maya 16 screwed up big time and no longer runs. so my desktop will stay on win 7.