Asus G74sx BBK1 is F**Ked

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}ErgoProxy
ESC Member

So I was eating dinner the other night when I noticed my laptop restarting it self (which was weird) so I went to check it out, let it boot and right past the asus logo I got a weird screen Ive never seen before which pretty much said HDD installed is in incorrect sata configuration please reinstall HDD and restart pc or press any key to continue. So I tried hitting a key and it kept repeating the message over and over again (about 15 tries) so I turned it off opened the back plate and took out both Hdd's and reinstalled them in the correct places and when I went to turn it back on I herd a sizzel then I smelt burning plastic so I unpluged it and took out the battery left it alone for 5 minutes came back to it and took the whole thing apart, and the first thing I noticed when I was removing the keyboard and faceplate was that the power to motherboard ribbon was melted in the middle (about a 6 inch ribbon) So in turn I turned it on with just the end of the ribbon where the alluminum strips were (the same way you can with a decktop power switch) and it booted for the first time in over 2 hours so I put the pc back together to see if I could google where to buy another power to MB ribbon which I could not find new only used on ebay for my specific model, and the OS crashed (not blue screened) but crashed I tried Ctrl+Alt+Del to see what was wrong in the process's and I got a message about 2 minutes after hitting those keys with yet another screen ive never seen before stating that my os was not responding please hit restart button for 15 seconds and enter safe mode, (I have never seen windows tell me this) but the thing is my power switch was fried the button no longer worked due to the ribbon being melted and all, so I googled this problem with little to no luck on my end, just a bunch of useless junk, so I tried to format and reinstall windows on my second HDD thinking that the power cord melting could of fried my HDD that the OS was installed on but it crashed during the install of windows 7, so I inturn tried my brothers laptops HDD with windows 7 already installed on it and it still crashed with the same error message, so im thinking the pc is crashing due to the fact that their is no power cord running from the switch to the motherboard and it thinks its damaged so in turn its crashing, so I tried putting everything back together with the powercord to find out the power switch doesnt work anymore even with the melted power cord pluged in correctly but it did turn on and boot up with no problems but after about 5 minutes it blue screened and it took ov er an hour to complete its crash dump. (which is incredibly long) so I gave up, I wanna send this thing in some where but asus is being pricks telling me they cant send my a new power ribbon even if Im paying for it and I do not trust a used one that I would have to pay the $45 shipping with no garuntee that they can fix it (and the warranty ended in march of this year, Figures! ) and I would then in turn have to pay for them to ship it back to me, so I am here to ask for help in resolving this matter if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it greatly. The time being I only have a crumy laptop to play games on and I can barely play CS:GO on low settings so I doubt I can play COD4 and I want to get my asus g74sx back in working order so I have something to do when im not working.

Thank you for taking time out to read this post

Ergo
I'am Ergo Proxy and I'am the agent of death
{ESC}UDClown

Sorry to hear this. Figured you were too busy with work the past few days :(
{ESC}HvyMtlRulz
ESC Member

Aw man....that totally blows!!!
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."
{ESC}ErgoProxy
ESC Member

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/sys/4039881695.html

this is what I was thinking about getting, its not bad and has decent parts and at least it would be an upgrade my the laptop and he is selling it for only $500
what do you guys think? should I get this for the time being seeing as its probably the best deal i could get ?[img[/img]
{ESC}UDClown

for $500? doesn't look bad.
{ESC}HvyMtlRulz
ESC Member

What UD said.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."
Legolas

for 500 that looks like a scam....unless you meet that seller in person and check out the PC for yourself be careful...
{ESC}ErgoProxy
ESC Member

well I tried contacting the seller and he is 3 hours away from where I live so thats a no go on that pc, idno maybe Ill just get a ps4 and wait to get a pc later, the ps4 is only $400 and it does have really nice graphics, my laptop is already selling has 2 bids which will pretty much buy a ps4 with little money directly out of my pocket, I guess ill just buy part by part for a couple of months until I can afford to get everything set up.