3 vs 3 Tourney - Organisation

Talk about anything you want here.
MikZzona
ESC Member

Hey everyone

So you think you and your friends own freezetag, well here is your chance to find out just how godlike you really are!

The 3vs3 Freeze Tag Tournament is about to begin, as the first matches will take place this weekend, October 22-23. In this post you will find the rules, the teams registered as well as any news and discussions about the organisation of the tournament.

You can find the results of the tournament in that topic, please do not hesitate to post screenshots of your matches, no better way to scare away your opponents!

Rules :

This is the concept for a tournament based on teams of 3 players. The matches will mostly be played during weekends, however if the situation or people's personnal schedules require it, weekdays can be used as well. A referee will be here to set up the server at the given time and to make sure that everything goes well, and that the rules are being respected by everyone.

Every match will have the teams go through 3 maps. Every map will be played up until 1 of both team reaches 3 rounds won. For each round won the team will earn 1 point, with a max of 3 points. However each round lost will deduct 1 point from that score, making it so that every round influences the total score. At the end of the match the total scores a team made can vary between -3 points to +3 points. Thus keeping the tournament accessible even for players not ranked near the top.
Example:
With a score of 3 rounds won and 1 round lost, the winning team will get a +2 score and the losing team will get a -2 score.
With a score of 3 rounds won and 2 rounds lost, the winning team will only get one point, and the losing team will only lose 1
With a score of 3 rounds won and no rounds lost, the winning team will get 3 points and the losing team will get -3 points

So if a match ends up with a team winning the three maps 300-0, it can earn up to 9 points for the match.

If a team has one or zero player available for a match at a date, they will be declared forfeit. The schedule is made according to everybody's schedule, but if some players know they will not be able to attend one particular match, they can warn me in advance and avoid a forfeit by doing so.
If all concerned players' schedules, as well as the global tournament schedule, allow it, the forfeited match can be replayed at another time.
If the match cannot be replayed, the team present on time will be awarded 6 points for their attendance, while the absent will lose 6 points.
[Depending on the situation and the context of each map, the points awarded or removed can change]

The maps to be played are predetermined, chosen by the referees and organised in Sets. There are 7 sets of maps, and each team is going to play each set once. The maps included in each set will not be made public before the match begins, so as to keep it fair between the teams who have time to over-practice on a map and those who don't.

To make communication during the matches easier, all players are invited to be connected to our TeamSpeak -or a TeamSpeak we have access to-, even if they do not have a micro... and even if they cannot turn the sound on.

As for teams, you can register a 3 man team under a team name. It will be advised to bring a spare player, but if they dont and they reach a player short they will have to play with 1 man down or disqualify themselves, giving themselves a -3 point losing penalty and the opposing team a +3 victory condition per map not played.
Any spare player must be announced the day before the real match. However if all 3 players of the original team are available, they cannot use the sub.
Every team will play all the other teams once, which make a total of 7 matches per team since there 8 teams are registered.

Here are the teams that are going to compete :

Two and a Half Circus Freaks
* {ESC}Lane
* {ESC}UDClown
* {ESC}Feral Midget

The Beauty, The Beast... And The Ugly
* {ESC}Beauty'
* {ESC}Violent-J
* {ESC}Hawkeye

The Weakest Links
* [G13]fngator
* [G13]the_GIPPER
* [G13]WABBIT

The Evil Dead
* |TED|ManicK
* |TED|LOCKnLOAD
* {ESC}P!MP
* {CuF}Tuc

CuTTer's Angels
* {ESC}CuTTeR
* {ESC}Betty_Boop
* {ESC}BlackRose

Euro Squadron
* {ESC}Master
* Bello
* =|Vampie|NL|=

Four of a Kind
* {ESC}Capt.Winters
* {ESC}Buzz
* [DoW]Hellraiser
* Scorpion

{ADIGA}Team
* {ADIGA}Telk
* {ADIGA}Superman
* {ADIGA}Tank
Admin

im still in!
Feral Midget
ESC Member

I am very interested, but teamless. If anybody needs a teammate, I'm available.
=|Vampie|NL|=

still in and motivated.... but CANT play the weekend of the 29/30 october due to the wife's B'day

Or it would begin after 23:00 my time (Amsterdam).... i could join in but that's a big maybe..

NOt sure if my team still can and still stands:
Quigless
{ESC}Fred
=|Vampie|NL|=

But they will post it here i guess.. :P
MikZzona
ESC Member

Teams :

Two and a Half Circus Freaks
* {ESC}Lane
* {ESC}UDClown
* {ESC}Feral Midget

The Beauty, The Beast... And The Ugly
* {ESC}Beauty'
* {ESC}Violent-J
* {ESC}Hawkeye

The Weakest Links
* [G13]fngator
* [G13]the_GIPPER
* [G13]WABBIT

The Evil Dead
* |TED|ManicK
* |TED|LOCKnLOAD
* {ESC}P!MP

CuTTer's Angels
* {ESC}CuTTeR
* {ESC}Betty_Boop
* {ESC}BlackRose

Euro Squadron
* {ESC}Master
* Bello
* =|Vampie|NL|=

Four of a Kind
* {ESC}Capt.Winters
* {ESC}Buzz
* [DoW]Hellraiser
* Scorpion

Anyone else who would like to give it a try is welcome to post here and tell us so.
To those who haven't received my private message - If the period is fine but you cannot play at weekends, you can still register and we will see if we can have your matches held on open days.

During that time, the players who have registered without a team are free to get in touch with each other and form new teams. The deadline for the forming of the teams will be in about two weeks, so you have time but as always, the sooner the better.
=|Vampie|NL|=

HI, im still available...

At least Q isn't .... Fred i am not sure of.

so you could put me in the "willing to participate" list?
MikZzona
ESC Member

Ok Vampie, I do the changes
|TED|LOCKnLOAD

THE |TED| ARE STILL IN !!! WE STILL GOTA FIND ANOTHER PLAYER ANY OFFERS?LOL
Admin

ill play with anyone!!!
{ESC}UDClown

Thanks for the invite Lane, but I'm still with Buzz. Not sure if Catniper is still in this though. Much appreciated.
But im not even sure because of the different timezones between Buzz, catniper, and I. In this case, Im still open.
So if something comes up, I'll let you know.