Language Spoken on our servers

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}Pappy
ESC Member

I find it interesting that 50 people have read this post and only 10 have responded. That means they either agree, or have no opinion.....I agree with all of you - and I told Az a long time ago when he told me his English wasn't so good that I'd help him figure it out if I couldn't understand him - that's never happened.......he's a good player, and like the rest of you, my friend! He shoots, he freezes and i don't care what language it's done in........I just wish it wasn't me he's freezing all the time! Nah, I think we're about even in that category......Those who might be offended by this post need to remember that English, for most of us, is our primary language - French, German, Russian, KV's singing - that's someone else's. :)
:grandpa: .
{ESC}Bunny
Server Admin

I would like to vote on a ban for KV's singing. He's the only person that speaks that language....and personally I find it quite offensive.

:mrgreen: :violin: :naughty: :shhh: :lol:
Bas
ESC Member

I made a comment about this subject in the chat about this quite recently. My apologies, I asked someone in french to speak english, but it was wrongly received as it was just a little joking around. It's one of the few sentences I can say in French, never ment to say they were not allowed to speak french. Any1way I agree completely
{ESC}Azhanti
ESC Member

Oui!! The issue of the rights of the individual vs the rights of the collective must at this instance be the same. All should feel welcome and be able to speak freely in thier native/mother tongue. Perhaps we shall learn more tolerance and apprciation of others this way. Plus it be fun to listen to the kool accents . . . after all being Canadian I can loosly translate broken french/english as well a the frnch side of the cereal boxes. Talent just pure talent, thinking bout working for the UN as a cereal box translator.

mmmmmm . . . . cereal . . . .
Some men perfer the challenge that the day will bring and embrace it . . . I however perfer Scotch
Ripper
ESC Member

I agree, that is a BIG 10 4
{ESC}Tater-Salad
Administrator

{esc}Azhanti wrote:Oui!! The issue of the rights of the individual vs the rights of the collective must at this instance be the same. All should feel welcome and be able to speak freely in thier native/mother tongue. Perhaps we shall learn more tolerance and apprciation of others this way. Plus it be fun to listen to the kool accents . . .
:iagree:
{ESC}splaterguts
ESC Member

Dim problem / pas de probleme/ no problem
{ESC}Master
ESC Member

{ESC}Treetah wrote:Sounds good master. I'll try to slow down my speech into mic =]
---
I remember there was a debate some months ago on TS whether or not non-english languages should be allowed in voice chat in our FreezeTag server. We have some German members and they can get a bit chatty at time in their native tongue. At that time I voiced that ALL languages should be allowed. As a clan server, I still feel that such a question is a valid debate. HOWEVER, within the clan itself? Alienating any member is not acceptable; especially in such a manner.

treetah ya too cool, i understand all from u! <33!
*Mama*
Administrator

Excuse me, stewardess... I speak Jive..
[youtube]5BY3SCqPvEw&tracker=False[/youtube]
{ESC}Bnine
Server Engineer

Anyone who messes with Az will have to go thru me first... :hugs: