anyone know how to remove wasp nest

Talk about anything you want here.
{ESC}Mazuga

Funny stuff I'm reading here!!! LMAO!!! Anyway Zeno is 100% correct in his answer. I live in southeast Texas and currently I have several wasp nests around my property. Wasps are dormant at night and they will gather on the nest at dusk. This is the very reason you should exterminate them at night if possible because you have a higher chance of killing all of them at once. Use wasp spray or (brake parts cleaner works awesome as well). Make sure you saturate the nest incase they try to return to the nest it will kill them by contacting the spray. Then you can simply remove the nest.
I AM {ESC}Mazuga
Angelfury

thaks everyone got rid of it.waitted till night n took baseball bat to it and hit it in bucket of water. .i w as covered with a bee hat apron and long gloves neyghbours looked at me funny cause it was like 27 degrees which is hot up here. used wasp spray to.
Admin

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
BENSTER

IIRC - Wasp hunt on smell. If your odor is on anything you touch the wasp nest with, expect them to hunt you.

A can of wasp spray in good working order. Stand near a corner of the house, Spray the nest - it doesn't take much....just a second or maybe two..... make a B-line (yes I had to say it) for the back door!

Come back in a few hours, from a distance, and see if there is any activity. If it looks lifeless, spray it good - wet the outside. If anything is inside crawls out, it won't make it very far if you sprayed the hole it was coming out of.

Now, if this nest is inside your walls (you might hear them buzzing at night when it's quiet, then spray outside, and don't be suprised if you find some in the house at a later time.

Once you are sure the nest is completely inactive, then feel free to remove any parts of the next you can see. I suggest some tools and gloves to avoid the dead critters. :)

As long as you can hide near a corner, and run away immediately after you spray you'll be good. I've done this once or twice in my life. :)
{ESC}Mazuga

Hi there Benster! Have you ever run across ground hornet nests??? Try running your lawn mower over their nest and see how fast you can run once you realize what you just did!!! Thoe suckers hit you hard!!!
I AM {ESC}Mazuga
BENSTER

I once watched my dad drive a tractor with bushhog over one, and he was just swarmed. I'm watching him swatting the things, I was about 100 feet away at the time. Glad it wasn't me!!! His last two tractors have enclosed cabs with Air Conditioning and I put a Pioneer Super Tuner in them. With all the lights on it, you can mow the field until you fall asleep at the wheel (yeah, I did that once around midnight).
BENSTER

Well....what happned?
{ESC}Tater-Salad
Administrator

Angelfury wrote:thaks everyone got rid of it.waitted till night n took baseball bat to it and hit it in bucket of water. .i w as covered with a bee hat apron and long gloves neyghbours looked at me funny cause it was like 27 degrees which is hot up here. used wasp spray to.